Updated: Feb 14
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I wanted to take some time and share about things I am loving right now. I know not everyone is big on Valentine’s Day. Many complain that it’s a forced holiday created by greeting card companies, but I disagree. I think it is wonderful to show your appreciation and love for those close to you. One way to show my appreciation to you, is to share things I am loving. Some of them are related to photography and some just for fun. Who knows, maybe you might find something on this list that you just might need to show yourself a little love at Valentine’s.
First, for my business loves.
· Nothing makes my 'plan ahead loving' self more, than when clients send me pics of their outfits they are planning to wear for their family photography session. When I have a client send me a text with a shot of their family’s clothes for their family session, it is one more way I can get to know your tastes and preferences before our session even begins. I can tell if you are expecting more tender moments, or playful moments. It allows me to consider background options at your location before you ever arrive. Also, it gives me a chance to make a suggestion that will take the burden off of you when trying to create a wardrobe plan.
· Another ABSOLUTE favorite of mine is when a client posts a picture in their social media feed from their session. You must realize how affirming it is to me, to have clients take the time to share an image either on Facebook or Instagram. Believe me, I know how busy my clients are. Family and work life is all consuming, and sometimes clients just are not big users of sharing on social media. I get it. I just want you to know that when clients are so grateful with their images that they want to share them with others, it makes my heart smile.
· Lastly, one of my current BIG loves is my mastermind photography education group. Over the next several weeks, I am part of a small group of photographers from across the country working with Sabrina Gebhardt on creating a photography business that works for me. I am looking at my business through a different set of eyes, I am making goals, creating Pinterest boards, portfolio images, and learning so much information on how to improve my business, which in turn will drastically improve my client’s experiences. It is called Root to Rise 2022 and it is one of the best investments I’ve made yet for my business.
Now, my 'just for fun' loves.
· My weighted blanket that is like no other weighted blanket is definitely one of my top LOVES. I asked for this particular blanket last year on my birthday. I was hesitant because it is a bit pricey, BUT, I use it every day. I miss it when I go on vacation. It looks beautiful at the foot of my bed. Both my husband and I agree we sleep so much better with it. It is well worth the price. I went with a dark grey and it is the BEST.
· My next item that has quickly become a love, are my new everyday sneakers. I have completely embraced the causal sneaker trend, with dresses, skirts, jeans, you name it. I am all in on wearing sneakers instead of a dressy shoe. I ordered this pair of Nike shoes. They are so comfortable. The color scheme goes with absolutely everything in my closet. Also, I have received so many compliments from strangers to my teen daughters that like these shoes.
· Finally, my last thing I am LOVING right now…peanut butter M&M’s. I know right? I have not been on the bandwagon with all the new M&M flavors they’ve created…coffee, brownie, cocoa crisp, white chocolate, pretzels, mint, caramel, etc. I happen to come across the Valentine colored peanut butter M&M’s and thought they would be nice to try in our candy jar in the kitchen. Holy moly, I cannot stop eating them. In my opinion, they are better than Reece’s Pieces. So darn good!
That’s it for all my things I am loving right now. I’d love to hear if you have any current new loves or all-time favorite loves. Taking the time to reflect on things people do for you and gifts you’ve loved receiving is nice. It makes me want to be more aware of noticing what my friends and family love, so maybe I can surprise them with a special something every now and then.